Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mikan (Japanese for Mandarin Orange)

My life is just full of sia soi moments. =.=

Seriously.

I was finishing lunch out in the open (in campus) just now. I took out a mandarin orange and started to peel it.

Some people can peel them so nicely, but I'm the type that's TERRIBLE at peeling these things. Especially during CNY(when there's so many mandarins to eat), you can tell the worst "peeler" is me in my family.The skin comes off in pieces instead of sticking together to make a "flowerish" shape, and juice always spurts everywhere.

In the middle of popping three pieces into my mouth, a girl came up to me and said she was doing a survey. While she was talking, I was nodding, "mmm-hmm"-ing, and spitting the pits into my palm and throwing them into my container at the same time.

My god, so many pits in this mandarin! There's 4 to 5 in every piece I eat..... I keep spitting and throwing them ALL THE WHILE she was talking about the survey. =.=

It doesn't end there. She was out of survey sheets so she went back to her stall to get some. My hands were sticky with the juice so I took out my water bottle. When she came back, I was still washing my hands with my drinking water, pouring it into the bushes behind me. =.= Argh~

So, there you have it. =.=

Couldn't help it. I felt it was so comical that I had to find a computer and write it down. ^-^

p/s: Still in uni right now - the computers don't have Chinese. So I can't type "gan('kam')" in Chinese and can only say pieces of orange instead of "ban(the 'liang ci')". So ma-huan~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy chinese new year !

I'm sick of those tangerine!
Every year chinese family would buy a basket full of those fruits, then u are forced to finish all of them before they become chocolate colour or before green moss started to grow on them ! yikes sick sickkkkkkkkkk!

evonli said...

so cute lah you amy...hahahaz...

Amy said...

to 1+:
hahaha i start to hate them after a few days
cuz my peeling technique like sai haha

to evonli:
haha story of my life~

Amy said...

oh wait
r they called tangerines or mandarins???
omg so paiseh if i gave it the wrong name

Yuling said...

haha.. so funny..
so cute ar u amy.. hehe..

Unknown said...

lol tangerine or MO both can ?



evone:"so cute lah you amy...hahahaz"

yuling:"so cute ar u amy...hehe".

then i say oso :
"so cute eh u amy ...lolz"

Amy said...

HAHAHA