Thursday, April 9, 2009

Part I - Morning

At last! Last day before Easter break.

We have practicals once in two weeks. I don't have prac today, so 照道理 I can sleep in late, since my classes don't start till 2pm. Haha....

But I have some problems with Calculus and my tutor's consultation hour today is 9am~10am, so bo bian lo, need to get up early.

I like my tutor, Sally. She's really nice ^-^.

When I got there, two other girls were already there asking for help with their math, so I sat down and waited. There's a shelf with a some toys and books and a sign that read "While U Wait". Ok lo, I played the Miller's Maze, which is a lot of fun. It's my first time playing this game. Here's what it looks like:



There's only two holes leading to the outside of the cube. You insert a steel ball inside, and jiggle it around to make it come out from the other hole. It's quite hard. Very kek tiok because I tried so many paths but all failed! Haha....

I also read a tiny book called 'Lateral Thinking'. It's a riddle book. The questions were fun ^-^. Here are some very kek tiok ones. When I read the answers, I was like 'Haiyo! Why didn't I think of it?!?!' Want to hit myself, haha...

Q: I never met my uncle who lived in Alaska. But I recognized him at once when I saw him at the airport. Why?
A: He's my father's identical twin.
[显咯~]

Q: John has three daughters who are all born on 16 January, 1962. But they are not triplets. Why?
A: They are three from quad (quadruplets - 四胞胎).
[=.=" OMG!]

Q: How many times can 3 be subtracted from 39?
A: Once. After that, you're subtracting from 36, and so on.

Q: The Sheriff came to town on Friday, stayed for three nights, and left on Sunday. Explain.
A: Friday is the name of his horse.
[炸到!酱的事情也有!]

Q: I am in a stationary balloon along the coastline of Irealnd. I throw out a bottle full of water and an empty bottle. Which one will hit the ground first?
A: None. Both will drop into the sea.
[哈哈,我被这题骗掉!]

Q: A prisoner survived in a no-water cell for ten weeks. There is a deep well in the next room, on the other side of a 20cm-thick steel door. How is this so?
A: The door wasn't locked.
[kek 到!]

My turn came and after I asked my questions, my tutor chia me an easter egg. Wah~ I so suprised lei~ haha

2 comments:

Yuling said...

bu.. really kek tiok by the questions.. haha..
hmm.. ur tutor so nice.. ^^

Amy said...

haha ya lor =)