Thursday, April 9, 2009

Part II - Stalking

In my Creative Writing class today, we did a 'stalking exercise'.

Our tutor, Charlie told us to pair up. We were let out of the building and had to be back in 30 minutes.

We had to find two people having a conversation in campus. Then, we have to casually get near them and listen in on the conversation. One of us will record the conversation only while the other one writes about their body language and appearance only.

Of course, all these have to be done without them knowing!! If we get found out, cham liao lo! Then 'tiok sut' by the people we spy on, haha...

We have to 轮流 read out our writings when we get back. Both the conversation and the description - to give a complete picture of the actual conversation 情况.

I suggested going to South Lawn to my partner, Jess. We went there and jackpot! Many people were sprawled across the lawn. We picked our target: a guy and a girl sitting on the grass in the sun, talking.

I really felt like a stalker (haha) when we sat down next to them, pretending to be writing in our notepads, when we're actually spying on them!

I 负责 the 'record conversation' part.

Unfortunately, the 'specimens' we picked were sharing a boring conversation. =.= They talked about politics and maths. OMG! So many terminology! The words just flew over my head. Haha...

They keep lasping into silence, it's like they don't have many topics to chat about. I kept waiting for them to start talking again, with my pencil poised ready. But when they actually start talking, I'm always caught off guard! XD

When we got back to the seminar room, Charlie had distributed about 3 chocolate Easter eggs on each of our seats. Aww~ so sweet! Haha...

I really love my Creative Writing classes. They're so much fun!

2 comments:

Yuling said...

haha.. so nice~ very fun..

Amy said...

^-^ they're all very nice and funny people