Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chemistry Practical

Yesterday, I had my Practical (which means lab work) session. Everyone here calls it 'Prac', which sounds kinda weird (to me la). Haha...

We had to make paracetamol, otherwise known as Panadol !! ^-^

We mixed two chemicals (don't want type the names in case some people bored till fall asleep), heated [加热] it on steam bath, put it in ice water to crystallize [结晶], then filtered [过滤] it. After that, we dissolve [溶解] it again, wait for it to crystallize again, filter it again to get purer crystals [晶体].

After filtering the second time, I had some tiny white crystlas (Panadol o! people~) in my funnel [漏斗]. We were supposed to pull out the vaccum hose [真空软管] connected to the flask [烧瓶] before removing the funnel on top. I couldn't pull out my vacuum hose!! So I asked the boy beside me to help me.

He DID pull it out. But my funnel went flying and the contents spilled out. {Sien...} My crystals spilled into some water. {更 sien...} My demonstrator helped me to save some but not much.

She told me "I'm afraid I have to take off some marks." {Sien sien sien...} Because we have to calculate the percentage yield [纯度] using the mass [质量] of our sample. Since my panadol spilled, my calculations will not be accurate.

*Is anyone laughing at me while reading this?!?!? Sze Nee did when I told her on the phone. haha....*

The boy apologised, of course. I don't blame him la~ It wasn't his fault. But my marks...... *sob-sob*

On my way home I bought ice-cream because I feel very down. When I got home, an accident had happened in front of my lorong. There was an ambulance and police. Looks like an unlucky day~

That night, I talked with Sze Nee on the phone. It was nice to talk to someone back home. I felt really good after that phone call.

Before I went to bed, I realized another thing: I left my pen-drive at the Printing Centre in uni!! {VERY 'pek chek' now}

Anyone!! Just SHOOT me......

2 comments:

Nee nEe said...

hey girl,
u noe wat,i laugh again when i saw ur post!hahaha!!xD
it was nice talking to u too..
^^

Amy said...

lol u so bad!!
i miss u very much~