Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rowden White Library

Hi guys. I'm in the Rowden White Library in Melbourne University now. It's only open for members, and since I'm a member~~

Oh my god, this place is REALLY amazing. There's lots of books (not textbooks or research ones), storybooks I mean. There's free internet access - which I'm using now, and there are signs on the tables saying :"PLEASE DO NOT STUDY HERE." *lol*

There are shelves and shelves of DVDs that you can borrow. I've scanned them over and there's Kung Fu Panda, Mama Mia! even Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dawson's Creek the whole season series!!

There's a room connected to the library. It's quite a large room, it's dimly lit. There are a lot of beanbags on the floor and some people are sleeping (really!) on them. There's also a large LCD screen here, and a movie is featured all the time. There's a timetable posted on what's playing for the week. Now, it's playing an anime called "Steamboy".

And the BEST part of this room(to me la ^-^), is that there's manga and anime here!!!! Whoo-hoo!!! The anime part, I still need to make sure, 'cause I haven't seen any VCDs or DVDs lying around yet. BUT, there are loads of comics!! Especially the Dragon Ball comics, five small stacks eh!

There's Fruits Basket, Tsubasa, Prince of Tennis, Ranma 1/2, One Piece, Bleach, xxHolic, etc. There's also Archie's comics too! This is heaven to me! The only bad part is: the manga is in English. Pff....

Being a Student Union member is quite nice. Only we can enter the Rowden White Libraryand borrow up to six items. We have a Members-only lounge in the cafeteria (there's microwave ovens and a plasma TV). And every Tuesday, we have free BBQ while listening to bands!!

It's 12.17pm now, around 1pm I'm going to grab some free BBQ! Yeah!

1 comment:

Yuling said...

wow~ so nice~ hehe..